Sunday 2 January 2011

Sometimes, There Comes A Story In A Local Newspaper...

...that just defies comment, that deserves to stand alone and unadorned, to be viewed in all its glory.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you - the 'Croydon Guardian' article on Katie Price from 21st December:



Oddly for a local newspaper story (and especially for one about this particular non-celebrity) it too has attracted no comment, at least at time of posting.

I can only assume the 'Croydon Guardian' regular commenters were struck dumb by the chutzpah of the prose describing the Noughties answer to Roald Amundsen too...

9 comments:

Jiks said...

I don't understand why she is visiting fans of Croydon, most odd.

Also, that photo is so 'shopped she is unrecognisable.

microdave said...

She pops her "appendages" in the microwave for a minute before going out. Keeps her warm for ages.....

Brian, follower of Deornoth said...

Sea very rough, for Croydon.

Anonymous said...

The Whitgift Centre (& a department store there) always seemed to be "The retail development that time forgot" - bit like the Tricorn Centre but with a semi roof.

So maybe Ms Price did bravely go etc.

JuliaM said...

"I don't understand why she is visiting fans of Croydon, most odd."

Are there any such..?!?

Jiks said...

"Are there any such..?!?"

It seems unlikely, doesn't it? I admit my memories of Croydon are a bit vague but I seem to recall it as some kind of characterless blob. A failed Staines, if you will.

Bod said...

No response because Croydon HAS no fans.

When I was being dragged up there, I think it had aspirations to be as noteworthy as Staines.

If the world had piles, Croydon would be where they'd be.

Brass monkeys said...

I think a lot of people would turn out to see Katie Price brave the cold. I believe the effect on her regions caused by recent sub-zero temperatures are sometimes called 'pokies.'

Laban said...

To be fair, going to Croydon IS perilous.