Mr Gambardella said: “We do try and take a certain level of responsibility. We don’t sell the burger to anyone under 18, and if someone’s been drinking we don’t let them have it.”I think you might need to add to your rules...
Mr Barratt took a bite and minutes later suffered severe stomach pains which increased.
He lost the feeling in his hands, his legs were shaking and his eyes rolled back in his head.
And within two hours Mr Hendy was suffering similar problems, following his colleague to hospital./facepalm
Mr Barratt said: “It was hard to walk. I needed to drink milk to neutralise the burning, which was hard because I was hyperventilating so much my hands had seized up.”
Mr Hendy said: “I was in so much pain I was telling people I felt like I was dying.
“It’s embarrassing but it felt that bad.If you’re thinking of trying this burger for a dare, just don’t.”The old guard of Fleet Street would have had a bottle of whisky (or three) and been right as tuppence by dinner time.
H/T: S Weasel