Thursday 9 December 2010

I Was Provoked, Innit?

Defending, Robert Grey said his client had acted "completely out of character," believing a glass had been thrown at his car.

He added: "It was not all one-way; they shouted a barrage of abuse at him. There was, at least, an element of provocation."
Ah. Right.

Well, I guess he can be forgiven for launching a ferocious attack on four women, breaking one’s nose and fracturing another’s jaw, then?
Jailing Heath for 40 weeks, Judge Roger Jarvis told him: "These offences are very serious indeed. It is a stark example of what is known as road rage. It was a sustained and brutal attack. An immediate custodial sentence is inevitable."
40 weeks!? That's it?

3 comments:

Furor Teutonicus said...

No. That's not it.

Two days with "good behaviour" (No women to beat up in prison).

Jiks said...

I hold a particular contempt for men who attack women in the manner this thug did.

A thug notably without description I see though I could be reading too much into that...

JuliaM said...

"No women to beat up in prison"

Hopefully, his cellmates won't be of 'previous good character'..!

"A thug notably without description I see though I could be reading too much into that..."

I did wonder about that...