Saturday 7 May 2011

It’s Finally Here!

The statue, I mean:



It must have been put up over the Easter holiday. And I’m….underwhelmed, now that I’ve seen it in the flesh, so to speak. I can’t believe anyone ever thought this was worth £50,000 of anyone’s money.

And what’s that at their feet? Let’s remind ourselves of the ‘Echo’s’ description of the piece:
The piece shows a couple meeting with the woman jumping into the arms of her male partner while a pair of lovebirds cavort at their feet.
‘Cavort’, eh…? Hmmmm:


Whole lotta cavortin’ goin’ on!

Well, what they’re doing begins with ‘c’ I suppose….

8 comments:

Shinar's Basket Case said...

The problem with murder is disposing of the body....at least that's what I think the 'art work' is trying to tell us.

Might just be a cunning advert for the local chapter of Osteopaths...cos his lumbar is going to need manipulating if he does much more of that.

Anonymous said...

I too missed it the first few times I drove past it. From Vic Ave it blends in colour with the background of wall behind. Complete waste of our money. How I hate Southend Council...

PT said...

"Well, what they’re doing begins with ‘c’ I suppose…."
Can't be many letters of the alphabet it doesn't begin with, like many other naughty words and their synonyms.

Hexe said...

It would be fascinating to find out who the 'artist' was and who got how much as a backhander for organising this gig.

Lerxst said...

Canoodling? :)

English Viking said...

At least it's not two blokes.

JuliaM said...

"...cos his lumbar is going to need manipulating if he does much more of that."

Something's going to get manipulated when he gets home, I'm sure....

"From Vic Ave it blends in colour with the background of wall behind."

Somehow, I thought it'd be bigger, too. You don't get much for your money, these days...

"Canoodling? :)"

Close!

"At least it's not two blokes."

If it was Brighton, rather than Southend, it'd probably have to be!

Brian said...

Shouldn't they be holding water bottles, mobile phones and XL coffee cups?