A young mother was horrified when she found a cigarette inside a McDonald’s Happy Meal she bought for her son.It was unsmoked. Frankly, if it had been lit, she might have had a reason to be ‘horrified’…
Still, she did as anyone would (who wasn’t themselves a smoker). She complained to the serving staff.
She claimed she heard the girl who had served her yell to a colleague: ‘Leave me a fag,’ before she picked up her son Jack’s French fries, cheeseburger and plastic toy.Well, that’s bad customer management, no doubt.
‘I saw the girl but, when I told her what happened, she just laughed. To me it wasn’t funny. I was so angry they weren’t taking me seriously,’ said Miss Holloway, of Southampton.
‘My son can feed himself and I was watching him eat but he could easily have put the cigarette in his mouth.’Unless they’d also left a lighter in there, he was still reasonably safe.
Probably fewer additives in the ciggie than in the Happy Meal you were letting him stuff in his face…
Miss Holloway said the manager of the McDonald’s branch in her home city offered her another meal or a £1.99 refund.Nicky seems determined to score highly on the ‘Angry People in Local Newspapers’ blog…
But she insisted on keeping the meal and toy from the children’s movie How To Train Your Dragon and contacted the McDonald’s head office.
A spokesman for the fast food chain said a member of staff had made a ‘foolish mistake’. He apologised and offered to make amends with a gift and some free meals for the family.Errr….
But the deal was rejected by Ms Holloway, who also turned down an offer by trading standards officers to investigate the incident.
She wants ‘more to be done about it’ and plans to sue McDonald’s.So she wants ‘more to be done’, but she ruled out action by the people whose job it is to do more?
In favour of lawyers?
With thanks to staybryte for the ‘Angry People in Local Newspapers’ site.