Friday 30 September 2011

Sore Loser!

Mark Bradford, 46, was furious when he was gunned down in the war simulation by the 13-year-old, and 'lost it' when the schoolboy goaded him over his online death.

Bradford stormed from his bedsit in Budeaux, Plymouth, Devon, and confronted the youngster at the boy's friend's house by placing his hands round the schoolboy's neck.
Ah, well, at least my ineptness at these sort of FPS games will never see me strangled by a lunatic for being better at it than him…
The teenager's mother, 33, said: 'It’s pathetic that a grown man would attack a defenceless child like this.

'If you can’t handle losing to a child then you shouldn’t be playing games.'
Indeed!
Bradford is thought to be a loosely-connected friend of the boy's family.
Hmmm…

Tracey Baker, mitigating, said Bradford, who had mental health issues, 'just lost it'.
Yes, thanks for that, Tracey, it clearly needed the keen skills of a lawyer to tell us that…

9 comments:

Dr Evil said...

Some highly skilled players, usually kids, will indeed rub it in if the noob is an easy kill because they are a rubbish player. However, it's only a game!

James said...

Annoying 13 year old tautning you? All day?

I can't say I agree, but I understand..

Captain Haddock said...

"Sore Loser" ?

More a case of sore winner, by the sound of things ..

Tracey Baker, mitigating, said Bradford, who had mental health issues, 'just lost it'...

I have to question the general mental health of adults who engage in such games ..

banned said...

Had you ever been to Budeaux, Plymouth, you might have more undestanding.

Captain Haddock said...

"Had you ever been to Budeaux, Plymouth, you might have more undestanding" ...

Many moons ago (in a previous life) I used to drink in a pub called the "Camel's Head" in St Budeaux (as I always knew it) .. and it wasn't too bad an area then (there were far worse parts of Guzz) .. ;)

John Pickworth said...

The boy will probably get his revenge in a couple of years by sleeping with this chap's virtual girlfriend.

David Gillies said...

I killed a man for landing on my hotel in Northumberland Avenue, just to watch him die.

JuliaM said...

"However, it's only a game!"

Well, quite!

"I can't say I agree, but I understand.."

Surely all he had to do was turn off the PC?

"Had you ever been to Budeaux, Plymouth, you might have more undestanding."

:D

"The boy will probably get his revenge in a couple of years by sleeping with this chap's virtual girlfriend."

Heh! I suspect that's not so far out a concept. Someone, somewhere is probably already working on the concept...

"I killed a man for landing on my hotel in Northumberland Avenue, just to watch him die."

LOL!

John Pickworth said...

JuliaM wrote: "Someone, somewhere is probably already working on the concept..."

Oh they've developed it waaaaayyyy beyond mere concept.

Second Life love triangle

This is a story that will have you in stitches for ALL the wrong reasons. Yes, all of them.