Tuesday 29 November 2011

Funny How You Never Hear ‘Leader Of The Gang’ On Radio 2 Either…

Celebrity interviews tend to be preceded by a courteous email exchange between publicist and journalist, one politely begging the other to play ball. But Jonathan King – singer-songwriter, pop impresario, lifetime holder of a spot on the sex offender's register – cuts out the middlemen with a letter to the editor.

"You might be interested to see that my autobiography was last week No 1 on the Amazon Kindle pop culture chart," he writes. "My YouTube videos have literally millions of views... Yet I'm still airbrushed out of the BBC Stalinist revision of history; the chart shows have been instructed not to play my music!... I think at least an interview with me would be fascinating copy."
Frankly, I think you should have got the airbrushing just for ‘Una Paloma Blanca’, never mind anything else…

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I also notice that whenever the BBC play Dire Straits Money For Nothing, the third verse (See the faggot with the ear ring and the make-up) has been edited out of the song.

SBC said...

BBC doesn't ever show "The Happy Valley" (1987) either...despite it starring Holly Aird who has been in just about every BBC series since.

Bucko said...

Speaking of Gary Glitter, he might be a raving pedo but he did some damn good music. I do wish I could hear some of it on the radio occasionaly.

It's not like he plays the kiddie fiddle in any of his records.

Gallovidian said...

I thought men like that shot themselves.

Lynne said...

Who the frig does King think he is? Roman Polanski?

DJ said...

Never happen. Nonces are with Islamoloons and Occutards on the BBC's 'Secondary Interview Only' List - i.e. instead of interviewing them directly, they interview some hip, sophisticated academic from North London to tell us that the vast majority of sexual predators are peace-loving community activists unfairly stereotyped by the mainstream media.

The last thing our betters want is one of these savages having to explain himself in the public eye - shockingly, it turns out serial child rapists are only misguided idealists in BBC dramas.

Anonymous said...

The only way JK would get airtime on the Beeb is if he joined the EDL. Then I guarantee he'd never be off the box.

JuliaM said...

"...has been edited out of the song."

Has it? I heard the controversy about it, but don't think I've caught the song on Radio 2 since.I'll have to listen out next time.

They always leave 'Oliver's Army' alone, though. Ever notice that?

"It's not like he plays the kiddie fiddle in any of his records."

SNORK!

"I thought men like that shot themselves."

That was long ago, when they didn't have legions of people telling them they were just as much 'victims' as the kids...

"Who the frig does King think he is? Roman Polanski?"

Quite!

JuliaM said...

"The last thing our betters want is one of these savages having to explain himself in the public eye..."

Judging from the 'Indy' interview, wise choice for once. He's completely up-front and unapologetic. It's society who has the problem, not him...