The number of independent schools judged to have breeched minimum standards set by the Government has trebled, new figures have revealed.Oooh! Sounds bad.
Well, until you read what those standards actually were:
And this one has to be my personal favourite:
- Volunteers have not been CRB checked, even thought this is not a requirement for state schools.
- The school has carried out all necessary CRB checks but the information has been stored separately rather than on "a single central record".
- There was low water pressure in a shower in one boarding house.
- Parents were not made aware that they can request sight of a copy of the school's plan to meet the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 2002.
It's like something out of 'Monty Python'...
- Children have "not been taught how to play appropriately" because at break and lunchtimes they "often run around the small area shouting and letting off steam".