Friday 9 March 2012

It’s Too Orangey For Crows!

And Valentine’s roses are too….well, let’s not go there!
Liz Ross, 25, from Cromwell near Newark, was with Hayley Simpson, 21, of nearby Balderton.

She said: "I went on Valentine's Day with Hayley, my girlfriend, as we knew it had nice food and good service.

"I noticed as I was paying the bill all the girls were getting roses.

"Hayley went to the toilet and I asked if I could get one."
In Lincolnshire..?!?
"The waitress said we couldn't have one because they were for couples.

"I said we were a lesbian couple, but she told us 'lesbians aren't real couples'."
Whoops!

Mind you, the restaurant did act on this little example of poor customer relations:
In a letter to the couple, operations manager Keith Gee said the business took a "strong stance" on homophobia.

"This is the first time we have ever had a sexuality complaint within our last 24 years in business from either guests or staff," he said.

"On behalf of the company please accept my sincere apologies."
So….why are you whinging about it to the local newspaper? Well, the 'Mail' has a little bit more:
'Maybe they didn’t realise how offensive they were being but in this day and age they should. It was disgusting and it ruined our Valentine’s night. I will never go there again.

'We don’t want to be compensated, just to receive a sincere apology.'
Looks pretty sincere to me.

But hey, you got your pictures in the national press, and various whiny groups got to pontificate on the back of it, so it's all good, right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cannot believe it...in this day and age.......clearly a training issue...lessons to be learned etc...blah, blah, blah...Zzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

I expect with the hetero couples the female of the pair was expected to get the rose, but perhaps with the lesbian couple there was confusion over which one gets it (in a manner of speaking)

Would it help if all lesbian couples made it obvious to casual observers which was the one who did the doing and which one received? Just asking.

Captain Haddock said...

Comments on the original are, as ever hilarious ..

My favourite (since censored) was "There are two very lucky blokes out there somewhere" .. ;)

Anonymous said...

Clearly the waitress doesn't know that blokes pay good money to watch lesbians beahve like real couples....or so I'm told.

Although having seen the picture of Liz and Hayley, not so much.

Dr Evil said...

They aren't a couple, except may be just a couple of chancers.

Hexe Froschbein said...

Roses are red
lesbians feel blue
on Valentines' Day
fake outrage is YOU.

(with apologies to the KingdomOfLoathing.com game)

Captain Haddock said...

In actual fact, having seen the photos, I'm not entirely convinced that these two are "genuine" lesbians ..

For a start, they're not Dutch ..

And secondly, they in no way resemble the "real deal" which I've seen in many a training film .. ;)

I reckon they're just a couple of doggo chancers ..

JuliaM said...

"... but perhaps with the lesbian couple there was confusion over which one gets it (in a manner of speaking)"

Heh!

"Although having seen the picture of Liz and Hayley, not so much."

Yes, Cap'n Haddock's point is rather well made... ;)

"(with apologies to the KingdomOfLoathing.com game)"

/applause