Thursday 1 December 2011

Bill Her For The Fuel!

A police helicopter was called to the island at about 9.30pm last Wednesday. A woman in her forties, who had sustained head injuries, was airlifted by police to RMB Chivenor then taken to North Devon District Hospital.
Probably the biggest crime ever recorded on Lundy Island!
Officers arrested a 49-year-old man on suspicion of malicious wounding.
An excellent job, officers! Well do…

Oh. Hang on…
But police now say the woman did not wish to make a complaint. He was released from custody.
WTF..?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that is at odds with the police/CPS positive charging in domestic violence cases? Maybe this wasn't domestic - just a stranger stabbing....doh....errrrm....now I'm confused, maybe it was and there has to be a pattern of DV established? Still, I'd have thought common sense....doh!

Anonymous said...

Isn't true love grand

JuliaM said...

"I'm sure that is at odds with the police/CPS positive charging in domestic violence cases? "

Indeed! I thought so too. What's going on?

"Isn't true love grand"

I think the fuel probably cost more than a grand...