Wednesday 28 August 2019

" I taw a puddy tat as plain as he could be!"

Sally Williams and her son, Steve, were walking their dog in the grounds of St Peter’s C of E Church, in Powick, when they saw the large, black animal.
Ah. I forgot about Silly Season.
Mr Williams, from Bransford, said: “I noticed it run across the churchyard, and I thought it was a fox.
"I even said, ‘oh there’s a fox.’
A black fox? They are pretty rare! Rarer than the 'British Big Cat', even...
“Then it stopped, and I saw it was some sort of big cat.
"I would say it was about medium dog sized, like a spaniel.
“After I realised it wasn’t a fox, I started videoing.”
He added: “I was a little unnerved by it, and just a bit shocked.
“My mum was a bit scared.”
Of a cat the size of a spaniel?
“It does look like it has a collar on, so if it is something like a puma it could have escaped or been let loose from someone who owned it.”
Or...it could be a cat?
“I looked up puma and it fits the description.”
I'd like to know where you looked it up, then, as pumas are never black.

2 comments:

Ed P said...

Perhaps it was a "business leader" aka a fat cat?
Or perhaps it was just a large domestic cat, but the (witless) witness was a poor judge of relative size?

It is the silly season, isn't it?

JuliaM said...

"Perhaps it was a "business leader" aka a fat cat?"

*chuckles*