Wednesday 2 November 2016

Oh, Pull The Other One!

Primary school chef Coral Knockton was fined £65 for stopping in the box in March, although she claims that she was moving at the time.
“I know my Highway Code and I wouldn’t have gone into the box junction if I thought I was going to get stuck,” the 43-year-old said. “If that’s not a cash cow I don’t know what is – I’ve been treated totally unfairly.”
Nope! I've driven that junction lots of times, on the way to & from my mother's house to the shops, hospital, etc. Never once got a fine.

Know why? I wasn't stupid enough to enter the box junction when the exit wasn't clear!
Estate agent Helen Lines, 42, agrees and says her Heathway home is ruined by traffic chaos, adding she was fined twice in one week for being stuck in the junction last year.
“I actually hate this place – I think it’s crazy,” she said. “It used to take me five minutes to get from my house to Asda in Merrielands Crescent but since they introduced the junction it takes 40.
Go up the other way to Oxlow Lane, turn right, run down to The Bull roundabout, hang another right and go to Asda via the A13 that way.

Takes 20 mins at most.
“The council should come over here and try to cross the junction themselves – it’s shocking. Everyone moans about it all the time.”
But doesn't seem to want to do anything to avoid it...

3 comments:

MTG said...

These hogs exacerbate jams. Box junctions should incorporate a spring-loaded trapdoor, activated by offenders who are tipped into a pit of paint stripper.

Antisthenes said...

I noted on the BBC today that the medical profession have diagnosed another post stress malady for women who have miscarriages. It is hard to count now how many post stresses there are but they are certainly multiplying at incredible speed. It wont be long before one is found to be prevalent among whingers like these two ladies. Post whinger stress syndrome because nobody addresses their whinges or because they do and getting them to do or not has so stressed them out. Soon there will be post victim hood stress syndrome. Even one for me post cock up and false information stress syndrome where I am stressed out by hearing about officialdom cocking up or how marvellous they are all the time and being told so by those who do not have a clue what they are talking about. Then we can have post reading centre right blogs stress syndrome where having actually read something factual the resulting horror from that experience is too much for us.

The NHS may fear that the large number of chronically ill oldies will drain their coffers and occupy all their beds. However that fear is misplaced as the whole country will soon be filling up their hospitals looking for cures for their post stress problems. The cure of course is to tell them all to grow a pair but no that would be seen as another reason for post stress to occur. I hope hospitals have plenty of room for expansion as the number of safe spaces needed will be enormous.

JuliaM said...

"Box junctions should incorporate a spring-loaded trapdoor, activated by offenders who are tipped into a pit of paint stripper."

I like the way you think... :)

"Post whinger stress syndrome because nobody addresses their whinges or because they do and getting them to do or not has so stressed them out."

I think our mental health services are stretched enough as it is!