Saturday 21 October 2023

Well, At Least They Can Do No Further Harm...

Lee added: 'The first thing he said when he woke up from surgery was 'everyone is safe now' after hearing the news about the attack.
'His first thought was to ensure everyone was safe and that the dogs could do no further harm.'
This is the tragic end to this case.
‘The two dogs were totally crazed. The owner was standing to one side and running around and shouting at the dogs but was unable to get them to stop attacking the man.
‘It seemed to go on for ages. I ran back home to see if someone had called the police and when I returned he was still be attacked (sic). They wouldn’t let him alone. He was covered in blood. I thought he was going to die.’

He didn't, but only thanks to the police who shot the dogs and the surgeons who did their best, but were unable to prevent him from ending his years with fewer limbs than he started with... 

A 29-year-old man from Bognor Regis was arrested on suspicion of being in charge of a dog dangerously out of control. He was bailed until November 16, pending further enquiries.

One to watch. 

3 comments:

said...

Always carry a knife with you, especially when on country footpaths where the dogwalkers are. You say to the owner, if the dog touches me I will hurt it and then I'll hurt you.

said...

But more seriously, dogs on footpaths have become more aggressive in the past 3 years or so, before I'd never encountered a biting aggrressive dog but have been bitten twice this year. Many dogwalkers I chat to, the ones with nice friendly dogs, confirm this and say it is due to lockdowns when many dogs were purchased, and no social contacts for the dogs.

JuliaM said...

Yes, lockdown has a lot to answer for...but will it? I've my doubts.