Tuesday, 28 July 2026

When You Gotta Go..?

An Essex library has temporarily closed due to a "significant sanitation issue" within the building. Brentwood Library has been closed since Thursday (July 23) due to the issue.

And was due to reopen Saturday - what took so long? And it's not just a library, either, because of course not, this is 2026!

The library serves as a base for appointment registration services, such as births, deaths and marriages. There is also a Barclays Local hub within the bank.

So quite a loss to the community of Brentwood. 

A notice on the door, shared by Cllr Russell Quirk (Reform UK) on social media said: "Unfortunately the library is temporarily closed due to a significant issue within the building. We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please check our website or contact the library for updates regarding reopening."

Why so coy about what the issue was?  

The deputy leader of Essex County Council added: "Lots of people are asking why it closed. I’m informed that a person defecated in several places around the library and it’s had to be thoroughly cleaned throughout. Unbelievable."

If only it was 'unbeliveable'. And there's no mention of an arrest, so the Phantom  Defecator of Brentwood is presumably roaming the streets looking for his next target.

3 comments:

DAD said...

It was shit, Shylock !

Anonymous said...

To avoid being arrested for suspecting those of a particular social and religious group, I can only say that I blame the Welsh Baptists.
Penseivat

Anonymous said...

I worked at a University where someone left a turd in a lecture theatre. I was not popular when I suggested that it might just be student feedback on a lecture (or lecturer).