Wednesday 1 May 2024

It's Why Everyone Else Joined, Surely?



A new bill in the state, known as SB 375, was being pored over on Monday by legislators, LGBTQ groups and educators before the state Education Committee. It is one of two bills in the state that would ban transgender girls from competing on sports teams aligning with their gender identity.
Just the 'girls'? Is that because no 'men' try this trick, perchance? That should tell you someing in and of itself, shouldn't it?
Trans teen Maelle Jacques, who was born a male and previously won a girl's high jump state championship, insisted she didn't join female sports to win outright.

I think that's similar to 'saying the quiet part out loud, 'Michelle'... 

Jacques told the hearing: 'I'm here to testify in opposition of SB375. Throughout my entire life, sports have been an integral part to my belonging.
Her testimony continued: 'Playing soccer since the age of three, when I began my transition in the sixth grade my school welcomed me onto the girls team.
'This act of being part of the team allowed me to skip through the phase of social ostracization. The other girls accepted me as who I was.
'Being part of the team allowed me to be seen as normal, where everywhere else I could be perceived as a pariah.
'I didn't join sports with the goal of dominating competition or being better than anyone else.

Did you ever ask the real girls if that was true for them?  

'No one would go through the bullying and self hatred of transition purely to win a sport, especially woman's sports, which are under appreciated in our nation.
'I joined because it is something I am passionate about and enjoy. If banned from sports teams and locker rooms, joining male teams wouldn't be a choice for me.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this bloke didn't claim to be a woman so he could beat them at sports, then he shirley wouldn't mind a separate 'trans' category being initiated. The success, or not, of audience participation in this category would be revealing.
Over to him.
Penseivat

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Not being a sports enthusiast, it never occurred to me that men had an advantage in the high jump. I always thought they avoided the risk of catching their bollocks* on the bar! Maybe this trannie doesn't have any!

*Ditto hurdles.

JuliaM said...

"The success, or not, of audience participation in this category would be revealing."

Indeed, and I suspect that's been weighed up and immediately discarded as an approch.

" it never occurred to me that men had an advantage in the high jump. I always thought they avoided the risk of catching their bollocks* on the bar!"

Which would surely assist them in jumping higher, no?