Wednesday 1 June 2022

Rewatchable TV June: Buffy The Vampire Slayer

I remember when this series was first suggested, and - yes Reader, I'd seen the original film - I couldn't figure out why anyone thought it would be a successful series. Well, I was wrong.  

An incredible seven seasons later, it bowed out, having catapaulted Joss Whedon to super-stardom (though not too many of its stars) and spawned an equally successful spin-off series 

It's true that some of its episodes were stinkers, but others were sublime. My favourite was always this one:

 

4 comments:

Rev. Spooner said...

And "Hush" - also excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKfNuMWO128

The Jannie said...

Julia: I think it's called reliving your adolescence!

Mac the Knife said...

"The Police are still taking arias"...

JuliaM said...

"And "Hush" - also excellent."

Oh, yes, and 'The Body'. So many good episodes.

"Julia: I think it's called reliving your adolescence!"

I think you're right! 😁

""The Police are still taking arias"..."

🤣