Sunday 1 July 2012

Who Said Our Comprehensives Were Just Sausage Factories?

Wait. What?
Look out for the latest breed of banger, the Hutton Manor Breakfast Sausage, which a group of pupils from Woodlands School in Rayleigh Road designed and entered to win the prestigious Schools Sausage Competition.
Ah.
With a bit of help from staff, the Year Four pupils set up a sausage club and came up with a collection of new flavours, including chilli and chocolate...
*heaves*
After 12 weeks of duly testing the results on their classroom chums, the gang settled on the breakfast combination, crammed with lip-licking lashings of mushroom, tomato, smokey bacon and Worcestershire sauce.
And nary an 'E' number in sight?
The nine-year-old says the winning ingredient selection was his idea. "I just thought about what I really like to eat for an English breakfast," he said.
"I feel really excited and I can't wait until it comes out."
He means in the shops. For the avoidance of understandable doubt.

8 comments:

Pavlov's Cat said...

All a bit of a waste of time IMHO

Personally I'd rather just have the Full English breakfast and add a sausage (Richmond for preference in a fry up)

Captain Haddock said...

" .. crammed with lip-licking lashings of mushroom, tomato, smokey bacon and Worcestershire sauce" ...

Good for them .. though the chocolate recipe is a little off-putting ..

I love a good Snorker & I like the sound of that combination .. just add fresh, crusty bread, a couple of Duck eggs .. and Roberts' your father's brother .. ;)

Tatty said...

The kid was allowed to say "English breakfast"...in public...to a newspaper...and they printed it...an no one has complained (yet).

Shocker.

Furor Teutonicus said...

Chilli and chocolate?

Aye? I thought it was normal for people to grate half a block of chocolate into the chilli concani? (Or however it is spelt).

Was always normal in my family,any way, and I know quite a few Mexicans that think the same.

(All of the ones I know. I know qute a few. How come my grammar appears not to be working today???)

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

The kid was allowed to say "English breakfast"...in public...to a newspaper...and they printed it...an no one has complained (yet).

Heh heh ... just give 'em time.

Fair play to these kids, although launching it will be hard work as the majority of people seem to prefer the pasty, rusk filled shite that come in neat little packets.

I'm a big sausage fan (no, not that kind of sausage ;0))and we buy ours from a local butcher - I've done work in factories that make the mass produced pink junk and it's enough to put you off for life.

Eddie Willers said...

Chili and chocloate...hmmmm (drool)

Otherwise known here (down ole' Mexico Way) as 'molè' - although the chocolate isn't the sweetened 'cocoa butter' kind but almost pure ground cocoa beans.

James Higham said...

"I feel really excited and I can't wait until it comes out."
He means in the shops.

Perhaps. ;-)

JuliaM said...

"Personally I'd rather just have the Full English breakfast and add a sausage.."

Or two!

"...a couple of Duck eggs..."

I love eggs, but not with breakfast, I'm afraid!

"I thought it was normal for people to grate half a block of chocolate into the chilli concani?"

Yup! And it's good with venison too. Though as Eddie Willers points out, it has to be the good stuff.