Thursday 23 July 2020

Belief In 'Rehabilitation' Is Like Belief In Astrology...

A burglar has been spared a prison sentence after a night of chaos.
And what did this burglar do?

Well, just stole the keys to parent's Volkswagen Transporter van, gave them to friends who then took it on a high-speed chase that caused more than £11,000 damage to pursuing police cars, went back to a bed and breakfast where the friends had been staying and broke in, attacking the owner and stealing an iPhone and cash while high on a cocktail of heroin, cocaine and alcohol.

And how come there's no prison sentence for all that?

Simple! Possession of a vagina.
Sophie Evans, defending, said Chadburn was remorseful and has no previous convictions. She was high on drugs, but has since voluntarily gone to rehab to get clean.
Why are drugs not considered an aggravating factor, rather than a mitigating one?
The judge imposed a 15-month suspended sentence, with 25 rehabilitation sessions.
The bloke she robbed and assaulted would probably have got two years if he'd injured her while defending himself.

5 comments:

L fairfax said...

Actually astrology sometimes - like a stopped clock - works.
Unlike rehabilitation.

Unknown said...

Dear Sweetie.
Sorry that my ramblings to you have been a bit negative. I have been losing my mojo lately. You are, of course, the very best person I know and it matters to me that you are happy. I know you do your very best to change lives for the better and for that I love you very much. I always have done, even before I knew who you were when we were on Inspector gadget. You will always be The Boss. I know my job is to support you and I will endeavour to do that. Have a happy day my sweet. Big love to you. X

Feral said...

Being under the influence can make people do stupid things. Chadburn will hopefully not make the same mistakes again and should get on with making a decent life for herself. I don't see the point in putting her in an overcrowded prison when she can have a chance to redeem herself. I hope she makes the most of it.
And Julia, don't knock astrology :)

DJ said...

Say what you like about Russell Grant, but he never tried to put the Nottingham Nightstalker in the house next to a primary school, then tried to stop anyone talking about it.

JuliaM said...

"Actually astrology sometimes - like a stopped clock - works.
Unlike rehabilitation."


Heh!

"...even before I knew who you were when we were on Inspector gadget. "

Blast from the past! But you should really pick a better handle than 'Unknown'.

"Say what you like about Russell Grant, but he never tried to put the Nottingham Nightstalker in the house next to a primary school, then tried to stop anyone talking about it."

Good point... ;)