Tuesday 21 July 2020

Better Not Check The Lasagna...

...there might be a horse's head in there!
Polly Wheaton, 47, popped out to Lidl to buy the ingredients for a vegan bolognese for her twin daughters Isabelle and Megan, 20.
But as Isabelle got to the final few mouthfuls on her plate, she was horrified to find what looked like the scaly head of the reptile in her food.
The family think it came from a jar of sauce or tin of tomatoes from the supermarket.
They think..? But they aren't sure?
"I feel at the very least that this product should have been recalled. The fact that we found an exotic animal in our food in the middle of a global pandemic is shocking."
But I haven't had so much as a courtesy call from Lidl to apologise.
"I've had to constantly chase them over the last six weeks, and all they've told me is that their complaints team is still looking into it.
"I think this should take precedence over someone who has complained about a bad can of baked beans or something."
Hmmmm....
Polly said the suspected lizard's head was about the size of her thumbnail - which is why she had not seen it when she was pouring the ingredients into her sauce.
And as a 'nail technician' I guess she's qualified to judge! So....Lidl haven't done anything about this?
A spokesperson for the German supermarket said: "We were very sorry to hear of this matter and would like to sincerely apologise for any distress that this may have caused.
"We are keeping the customer updated on the progress of this investigation, and upon its conclusion will share any results directly."
Ah. But clearly she wants her 15 minutes of fame regardless.

6 comments:

Bucko said...

"I feel at the very least that this product should have been recalled"
What product? Daft cow doesn't even know where it came from.

Sorry, daft 'vegan' cow

UsedtobeBanned said...

"Global Pandemic" Tautalogic Twat

Excavator Man said...

The problem with finding part of the animal is that the other parts are likely to be somewhere, or may even have been consumed.

At one stage in my childhood c. 1957 my family lived next door to a bakery. My mother found half a cockroach in a loaf. After that, she made her own bread until very late in life, helped by my father kneading the bread when they got old and her wrists were too weak. All through my teens I lusted after the neat slices of Mother's Pride my schoolmates had for their sandwiches, but now I realise that those great slabs of homemade bread were (a) far more nutritious, and (b) far tastier, than the sliced cardboard that British bread had become.

I also lusted after the thin, neat, pullovers that others wore (I got home knits), but at least I was warm walking to school in the rain!

Ee, tha' don't know tha's born today!

Doonhamer said...

What is worse than finding a maggot in your apple?
Finding half a maggot.
The old ones are the best.
Jokes, not maggots.

Curmudgeon said...

That one somewhat comes into the category of "news story as modelling showcase" 😛

JuliaM said...

"Daft cow doesn't even know where it came from.

Sorry, daft 'vegan' cow"


A bit of a tautology?

"The problem with finding part of the animal is that the other parts are likely to be somewhere, or may even have been consumed."

Well, at least her family are getting some protein... ;)

"The old ones are the best.
Jokes, not maggots."


Eeeewww!

"That one somewhat comes into the category of "news story as modelling showcase" "

Heh! Good point!