Saturday 14 August 2021

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves...

When logging on to their work computers this week, all employees are being greeted with a new screensaver...

Oh, lord, we have this too - usually a reminder about 'Learning at Work Week' or an announcement of some other HR initiative.  

...featuring the word ‘vulnerability’ and the faces of four people who died following contact with the force.

I'm guessing it's not in celebration of the ARVs turning up and slotting dangerous criminals?

All four cases had led to referrals being made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) as they had previously made contact with the force to express concerns about their safety.

Amongst the hundreds of such calls they get each day? 

The screensaver also contained a link to a video featuring Chief Constable Rachel Swann. She told viewers that “simple errors are being made” and that in some cases “we are not doing what we should”.
She called for “drastic changes” in how the force operates and said that officers and staff need to “get it right first time, because in the cases of those we have let down, they don’t get any second chances”.

Rachel Swann, that name rings a b...

Oh, Right. 


I have to say, I have an exemplary sick record myself. But if this steaming pile of woke crap desperate to climb the greasy pole with an eye on the Dame of Disaster's post was my boss, I'd be bloody depressed too! 

And that she has the chutzpah to demand her officers should 'get things right first time' when she herself can't manage it is not exactly leadership, is it? 

Even the sort that passes for such in the modern police farce...

 H/T: Royston Martis via Twitter

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She's getting slaughtered on my police Facebook sites-quite rightly so. I wonder if she reads these articles and thinks she's wrong? In my experience of senior officers then I've answered my own question.
Jaded

MTG 1 said...

Let's turn this into something positive, JuliaM. Do you know of a candidate better qualified to lead scum?

Stonyground said...

I tend to have a low opinion of the police when they are bullying regular members of the public. But we need to remember that they also have to deal with violent loons who might well be full of dangerous drugs. Expecting them to have a perfect track record of subduing such people without a single fatality is pretty unreasonable I would say.

JuliaM said...

"She's getting slaughtered on my police Facebook sites-quite rightly so."

I expect she's taking names right now!

"Do you know of a candidate better qualified to lead scum?"

Probably, but we aren't discussing politicians here. Or...are we?

"But we need to remember that they also have to deal with violent loons who might well be full of dangerous drugs. Expecting them to have a perfect track record of subduing such people without a single fatality is pretty unreasonable I would say."

Quite! If people think our police are bad, I'd suggest it's because they've not travelled enough.