Thursday 23 December 2021

In Which I Agree With An Animal Rights Loon...

Well, I quite agree...

That's much better

What's the issue, anyway?

Animal Aid campaigner Rachel King said: "Christmas should be a joyful time for all, but for reindeer used as 'props' in festive events it can mean increased stress and misery. Kate and William are prominent members of society and are in an excellent position to set a positive example by avoiding events that treat animals as commodities for human entertainment."

Some animals indesputably are just that, though.  

6 comments:

The Jannie said...

it got the nonentity her five minutes; job done. Although there is also "why look a fool when you can open your mouth and confirm it"

microdave said...

"Treat animals as commodities for human entertainment"

Which will be the fate of a grey squirrel stealing bird seed from my table. There is a shock waiting when it returns...

Stonyground said...

These are the same kind of people who like to tell me that I'm exploiting my cats. That should tell you everything that you need to know about the value of their opinions.

Stonyground said...

Put chilli powder on it. Birds like spicy food squirrels don't.

microdave said...

"Exploiting my cats"

Never mind cats, round here the bloody Blackbirds exploit me! As soon as they see me through the kitchen window they go straight to the feed tray and glare at me if it's empty...

JuliaM said...

"it got the nonentity her five minutes; job done"

Oh, true!

"There is a shock waiting when it returns..."

I hope it wasn't this one, it sounds scarier than one of the maneaters of Tsavo!

"That should tell you everything that you need to know about the value of their opinions."

With cats, the first question should always be 'who's exploiting whom?'

"As soon as they see me through the kitchen window they go straight to the feed tray and glare at me if it's empty..."

🤣