Wednesday 12 April 2023

But This Isn't 'Controversial'...

A pub landlord at the centre of a row over golliwogs has denied that he is racist after controversial social media posts from him emerged declaring support for...
Apartheid? Forced repatriation? Brown sauce on bacon sandwiches instead of tomato?
...'White Lives Matter'.
Ha ha ha ha ha! Try harder, race baiters.
He faced a huge social media backlash and was accused of being racist after his hard-hitting posts were circulated by critics.
It wasn't anything like 'a huge social media backlash'. Ask Nike what one of those looks like. These people aren't 'critics'. They are race baiting shit stirrers and should be regarded as such.
In the latest twist to the controversy, historic Facebook posts from Mr Ryley also show him posting: 'Black Chancellors matter' in October 2022 in a reference to former Chancellor of the Exchequer Kwasi Kwarteng.
The monster, eh?
Mr Ryley, who is the licensee of The White Hart pub is due to be questioned by police when he returns from Turkey next month. He is being investigated for a hate crime because of the display of golliwogs in his pub.
He added: 'I will have a solicitor with me and I'm looking forward to defending my position. The golliwogs are not me being racist, they are a reminder of my childhood. I don't understand how anybody could be offended by them.'

They aren't. They are pretending to be, with the full collusion of the disgraceful Essex Police.  

12 comments:

Bucko said...

You put tomato sauce on your bacon sandwiches?
Tomato?
...?

Bucko said...

Tomato!??

Nemisis said...

I'm visiting Essex soon and I know that Officer Dribble will be driving past my parked car. Maybe I should have a jar of Robertson's on the dashboard, or even a Golliwog in the windscreen?
"Bringing the Farce into Disrepute"!

Sam Vega said...

And why does his pub have a patently racist name?

Anonymous said...

White Harts matter, deer.
Penseivat

Nemisis said...

@Sam Vega: "White Hart" is a historic name and no more racist than "Yellow Submarine" is in Japan.
The whingers of this world didn't invent racism untill long after the 15th century, so there.

John Tee said...

https://www.cps.gov.uk/crime-info/hate-crime

"Any crime can be prosecuted as a hate crime if the offender has either: ..."

So, am I correct in my interpretation that something has to be a crime in the first place, before it can be upgraded to a hate crime?

What I wonder is underlying crime here that is being upgraded to hate crime? Displaying dollies with intent?

APL said...

"What I wonder is underlying crime here that is being upgraded to hate crime? Displaying dollies with intent?"

I'm guessing some kind of 'incitement' thing like we have in North America.

ivan said...

I am quite surprised that that plod didn't send in the armed response unit to capture those small felons, after all they appear to have no other crime in the area. Or is it just that one of them wanted a dolly for himself?

We all laugh about the police farce but here they are showing their stupidity for all to see.

Sgt Albert Hall said...

Quite right John Tee. Such is the abysmal standard of police training these days, I doubt that any of those taking part in the “raid” knew what crime they were dealing with.

Nemisis said...

It gets worse - according to the BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-65260945) CAMRA have decreed that the White Hart should not be considered for awards, nor should it be in the Good Beer Guide. Shame on CAMRA!

JuliaM said...

"You put tomato sauce on your bacon sandwiches?
Tomato?"


Of course! Used to be plain Heinz, but I'm now rather fond of Leon's Tomango sauce...

"I'm visiting Essex soon and I know that Officer Dribble will be driving past my parked car. Maybe I should have a jar of Robertson's on the dashboard..."

😂

"@Sam Vega: "White Hart" is a historic name and no more racist than "Yellow Submarine" is in Japan."

I suspect Sam was being sarcastic... 😊

"So, am I correct in my interpretation that something has to be a crime in the first place, before it can be upgraded to a hate crime?"

Good point! APL is probably right, though that widens the scope for other establishments to be swept up in this crimewave...

"Such is the abysmal standard of police training these days, I doubt that any of those taking part in the “raid” knew what crime they were dealing with."

Sadly, likely only too true.

"Shame on CAMRA!"

How ridiculous! 🙄