Saturday 15 April 2023

NOOOOoooooOOOOO!

Why, Microsoft, just WHY?!?
Microsoft's Windows is ditching a classic feature of PC keyboards that dates back around two decades – and users are not happy about it.
Print Screen is a button on PC keyboards that takes a screenshot and automatically copies it so users can paste it into another application, such as Paint. Now, an upcoming update for Windows 11, called KB5025310, will change this so the Print Screen button opens up Microsoft's Snipping Tool instead.

Oh, FFS! Why mess with this? 

To restore the Print Screen key's traditional functionality, you have to head to Settings on your Windows 11 PC, followed by Accessibility and Keyboard. You then have the option to toggle on or off 'Use the Print Screen key to open Snipping Tool'.

Whew! Panic over! 

6 comments:

Andy said...

Keep on panicking Julia,this likely the thin end of the wedge.

ivan said...

Who in their right mind uses windows? O the 10 computers I have and use one has win XP on it because it acts as a dumb terminal for a data logger that I use. Most of the others run the IBM OS/2 operating system or its modern equivalent and three of them run Linux Mint.

Sgt Albert Hall said...

Poor Ivan.

I don’t know how many computers I own. I have people who use them for me whilst I enjoy life.

ivan said...

Sorry sarg but they are necessary unless I want to run up 4 flights of stairs several times a day, at my age I try to avoid that. Also several of the computers are used as test beds for both operating systems and programs.

Bucko said...

It really bugs me when things are altered for no real reason. As if someone is trying to justify thier existance. Ebay do it all the time, followed by a "What do you think of our new..." It's bloody annoying

JuliaM said...

"Who in their right mind uses windows?"

Me!

"It really bugs me when things are altered for no real reason."

See also: supermarkets swapping things around on the shelves!