Saturday 1 April 2023

I Know It's Annoying When They Don't Pick Up Stuff They've Dropped...

...but really, is this any way to behave?

A man has been arrested after four bin men were attacked by thugs wielding axes and a metal pole in two coordinated attacks, with three further suspects remaining at large.
Staffordshire Police said the two shocking attacks happened within about half an hour of each other on Tuesday morning in two suburban areas of Stoke-on-Trent.
Investigations to find three people suspected of involvement in the second attack were continuing, said officers, and the attacks are being treated as linked.

I wonder what the real story is here... 

4 comments:

microdave said...

If their binmen are as useless as the clowns from Veolia, I can sympathise. We always put our bins out just inside the edge of our driveways, yet EVERY week without fail they are emptied and then unceremoniously dumped all over the pavement, obstructing passage for anyone in a mobility scooter, or Mums* with pushchairs. You can bet the council would have no hesitation in prosecuting us if we did the same thing!

* Sorry, I mean "Birthing Persons", "People with Vaginas" etc...

ivan said...

I don't understand the bin collection problem in the UK. Here in my region of France we have two collections a week. The only thing is we have to supply our own black bin bags and we don't get any rubbish blowing down the road.

Anonymous said...

Call me a cynic (again) but ...

I suspect it has little, if anything, to do with the "level of service" they offer, and more to do with 'who' is offering it (note it's a private 'company' contract involved).

I well remember the "ice-cream van wars" here locally. Where the Pikeys fought to take-over the business from the Greeks (what an utter waste of Fabs and Flakes).

I wonder what wonderfully diverse crowd are moving into refuse collection (and sundry associated bribery, protection and drug-delivery schemes)?

JuliaM said...

"If their binmen are as useless as the clowns from Veolia, I can sympathise."

I regularly hear horror stories like this, but I can honestly say, our binmen are great 95% of the time!

"Here in my region of France we have two collections a week. "

Wow! Luxury!

"I wonder what wonderfully diverse crowd are moving into refuse collection..."

It does have the odour of enrichment about it all, doesn't it?