Saturday, 19 September 2026

That's Modern 'Customer Service' These Days...

A retired soldier has revealed his shock at an exchange with a member of staff at the gift shop during a recent visit to the museum in south London.My 11-year-old daughter asked if there would be a veteran's discount,' the former serviceman told the Mail. The reply stunned him. 'The woman at the till said, 'We have nothing to do with the military - that's not who we are'.'
Where were they trying to visit? Why only the Imperial War Museum in London! And there was no description of the menmber of staff in question, but I think we can guess, can't we? 


The IWM said it had begun an investigation. A spokesman said it was 'very sorry to hear about this visitor's experience' and apologised 'if he or his daughter felt unwelcome during their visit'.

Should be a very short investigation, and it should begin in your HR department. 

2 comments:

Watchman said...

I must pay a visit with a bodycam running and see what response I can elicit.
Sadly I'm not in the least bit surprised. This is the toxic Marxist cancer that has suffused every public area.
Waiting for a special "palestine" section to big-up the Left's favourite murdering, raping Jew hating terrorists-of-peace.
The room would be empty as there's never been a "palestine" as a state, ever.

Andy5759 said...

I had a similar experience. A few years ago I went looking for some Christmas cards with a Christmas message. No joy looking in shops, including charity shops, so I went to the Abbey (Cathedral). Couldn’t see any so asked a lady in the souvenir shop, her reply was a curt No. I get them from Amazon now.