Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Well, If It's A Firing Squad, Perhaps You'll Get One With The Blindfold...

An Egyptian television presenter pleaded for mercy and screamed 'I've never smoked a cigarette in my life!' as she was handed the death sentence on drug charges, according to local media.
Sarah Khalifa and 11 others were sentenced to death by hanging...

Oh, well. 

...on charges of manufacturing, promoting and trading synthetic drugs, as well as possessing and carrying firearms and ammunition without a licence.

I suspect that in Egypt, that latter is not considered as bad as the former. \well, I gurss she's a hopelessly naive woman who fell in with a bad lot and didn't have a clue about the possible consequences? 

Khalifa, 39, who is best known in Egypt for presenting 'Mission Impossible', a programme dealing with crime and security, was convicted by a Cairo court.

Oh, well!  

She wept during the sentencing, begging for 'mercy and humanity', the outlet claimed. Khalifa is also reported to have told the court how she was suffering with a tumour.

One excuse at a time love!  

The verdict is not final at this stage, and is subject to appeal.

I suspect she stands a good chance of an appeal being successful, especially if made direct to the Grand Mufti.  

No comments: