Wednesday 18 January 2012

I Don’t Want To Be ‘That Sort Of Person’ Either…

And you know what? I’m not! Amazing how that works, eh?
Slezak later made a tearful plea from the dock as he begged magistrates not to jail him.

He said: "I'm very ashamed of what I have done.

"It's low and I don't want to be the sort of person who does things like this.

"I know I deserve to go to prison, but I know I've got to stop and I beg you not to send me to jail. I just need one more chance to see if I can have something constructive in my life which I haven't got at the minute."
So, what did this poor unfortunate do?
Jobless Steven Slezak was caught on CCTV untying a chain which attached the collection tin to a counter before taking the box from the Longton branch of Rogers Brock and Barker.

The footage was handed to police who recognised the 37-year-old, who had just finished an eight-month prison sentence for an affray in Norton.
/facepalm

Was he destitute? Starving?
After being arrested, Slezak, of Locketts Lane, Longton, told police he had money on him at the time of the theft and had no idea why he had taken the charity box on November 14.
Ooops!
Nick Davies, defending, said: "He had gone to the vets for legitimate reasons but he had been drinking, saw the box and took it.

"He gave a full and frank admission to police about what he had done."
Yes, well, since he was caught on bloody CCTV in the act what the hell else could he have done?

5 comments:

James Higham said...

Like that chef who said he needed psychiatric help. No, he needs prison.

Anonymous said...

"He gave a full and frank admission to police about what he had done."

You can see that Sleazy is not at all like other thieving, scumbag immigrants who found passage to this Island simply to claim it as their holiday let.

Another anonymous said...

There used to be a time when the letter z on the journo's keyboard got little use in the UK, other than words like zero or zoo, of course. But now the zoo arrives daily, and the swathes of people with at least one z in their name is going to increase.

No doubt we will get a zillion more of them coming and begging, either on the streets or in court.

Stonyground said...

It is interesting how contrite these people are once they have been caught.

Interestingly, I think that reparations are the way forward when it comes to dealing with such people. I had a motorcycle stolen a couple of years ago. The people who stole it didn't want it, they abused it for a while and then dumped it, causing about a thousand pounds worth of damage. Of course they were never caught even though the police did everything that could reasonably be expected. Had they been caught, I would have had them ride exercise bikes hooked up to generators that fed into the national grid. they would be paid at the regular feed in tarif until they had paid for the damage that they did to my bike. I would have got my money back and these idiots would have been taught the value of money by having to earn it.

JuliaM said...

"Like that chef who said he needed psychiatric help. No, he needs prison."

Indeed!

"... and the swathes of people with at least one z in their name is going to increase."

I hope they haven't got Dell keyboards, then - the letters are going to wear off rapidly!

"Had they been caught, I would have had them ride exercise bikes hooked up to generators that fed into the national grid. they would be paid at the regular feed in tarif until they had paid for the damage that they did to my bike."

I like the way you think... ;)