Wednesday 3 April 2019

Another Triumph For Mental Health Services...?

Speaking outside the flat, Ian Grant confirmed that his cousin had schizophrenia and that there had been a ‘couple of incidents with police’ in the past, but added that he was ‘not like that, he’s not violent’.
Another neighbour said: ‘He wouldn’t hurt a fly. We take him food round to help out.’
Hmmm....
But they said ‘he does become very edgy when he doesn’t have his weed’, which he smokes ‘a lot’.
/facepalm
Police have said the latest attack has 'not yet been formally linked' to the other four, but the culprit or culprits could be suffering from mental health issues.
There is nothing to suggest the stabbings are terror related.
Apart from them causing terror?
Tarek Elmadkhoun, 32, said this morning: 'It happened just outside my door. My wife heard some talking at 5am. She's a bit worried.
'I just moved here one week ago. To be honest it's a bit worrying. My wife doesn't speak English. She doesn't know what to do.'
Kelvin Ojo, 36, added: 'It's scary now, this is not normal.
'It's been peaceful for a while until all this drama started coming up. Now I'm starting thinking about moving from this area, I'm not liking it.
'It could happen to anyone - my friends, my family, it could happen to me. It's really scary.
'We don't even know this guy they are talking about, so it's really scary.'
London. So very enriched.

5 comments:

Fahrenheit211 said...

I suspected that these plethora of stabbings could be the result of a care in the community patient. Looks like I was correct. St Ann's Hospital, the major psych hospital for the area doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation as this 2015 report shows. https://www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/new_reports/AAAE6571.pdf Yes this does indeed look very much like yet another failure of the NHS mental health system.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately the mental health service works on timelines rather than an individual's mental health. That's why so many service users go on to either commit crimes or relapse into drink and/or drug usage. There is not enough support that caters for each individual. Feral.

Fahrenheit211 said...

Unknown. I agree, NHS MH services are a one size fits all system for a problem that needs to be tailored to suit the individual patient. NHS MH services are a complete disaster.

Mikebravo said...

He's been smoking 'soft' ganja since he was at school. Wherever I go in London there are always nutters rushing around singing loudly to themselves, stinking of weed.
They all have one ting in common. Know wot I meen.

JuliaM said...

"I suspected that these plethora of stabbings could be the result of a care in the community patient. Looks like I was correct."

They arrested three people before charging one. Just hoes to show how many of these ticking time bombs are walking the streets...

" There is not enough support that caters for each individual. Feral."

There was. The old asylums. We got rid, because 'progress'...

"He's been smoking 'soft' ganja since he was at school. Wherever I go in London there are always nutters rushing around singing loudly to themselves, stinking of weed."

Spot on! But, in my area, they are less dusky.