Thursday 30 October 2008

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means..."

One of the corporation's most senior officials has told friends she would quit if any of her staff were sacked for allowing obscene phone calls to be made and broadcast by the presenter and comedian Russell Brand.

Sources said Radio 2 controller Lesley Douglas will walk out if her employees are 'scapegoated' for the affair.
Lesley, sweetie, your employees are actually as much to blame for the affair.

If the BBC were to sack the Radio 2 studio cleaner, that would be 'scapegoating'. Nip along to the Radio 4 office - I'm sure they'll have a dictionary you can use...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From The Princess Bride unless I am much mistaken!

Its all good news for me though. The license fee is a sunk cost. So anything that causes embarasment to the BBC is OK with me.

Anonymous said...

Heh. No, you're not mistaken :)