Wednesday 29 September 2010

Quote Of The Month

Woman on a Raft on the disadvantages of terrorism as a career choice:
Another thing they won't mention is the disciplinary procedure. The modern terrorist organization almost certainly has investigatory panels although they are lighter on the written records than a conventional employer and may have unorthodox fact-finding techniques. Their disciplinary penalties don't use fines, because you haven't got any money, and they don't use loss of pension rights because...see 'leaving the organization' above. All that remains is getting medieval on your ass. Nothing is known of the appeals procedure. Do let me know if you hear of one other than "roll screaming and begging on the floor".

2 comments:

Chuckles said...

Do you think 'benefit of clergy' might apply?

Reminiscent of this which was doing the rounds a while back -

Useful Phrases to Know When Traveling in the Middle East


AKBAR KHALI-KILI HAFTIR LOTFAN.
Thank you for showing me your marvelous gun.


FEKR GABUL CRADAN DAVAT PAEH GUSH DIVAR.
I am delighted to accept your kind invitation to lie on
the floor with my arms above my head and my legs apart.


SHOMAEH FEKR TAMOMEH OEH GOFTEH BANDE.
I agree with everything you have ever said or thought
in your life.


AUTO ARREREGH DAVATEMAN MANO SEPAHEH HAST.
It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel
in the trunk of your car.


FASHAL-EH TUPEHMAN NA DEGAT MANO GOFTAM CHEESHAYEH MOHEMARA
JEBEHKESH VAREHMAN.
If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital
appendages I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my
country in public.


KHREL JEPAHEH MANEH VA JAYEH AMERIKAHEY.
I will tell you the names and addresses of many American
spies travelling as reporters.


BALLI, BALLI, BALLI !
Whatever you say!


MATERNIER GHERMEZ AHLEIEH, GHORBAN.
The red blindfold will be lovely, excellency.


TIEKH NUNEH OB KHRELEH BEZORG VA KHRUBE BOYAST INO BEGERAM.
The water-soaked bread crumbs are delicious, thank you.
I must have the recipe.

JuliaM said...

/applause :)