Tuesday 17 May 2011

Publicity You Just Can’t Buy!

Protesters have threatened to picket the grand opening of notorious fast food restaurant The Heart Attack Grill by offering apples and health advice to would be gluttons.
/facepalm
The first Heart Attack Grill in Chandler, Arizona gained nationwide attention after its founder, former Jenny Craig organiser Jon Basso, ran a series of tongue-in-cheek commercials.

The soon to be chain sells calorie laden fare with names such as Quadruple Bypass Burgers and Flatline Fries.

Waitresses dressed in skimpy nurse outfits serve customers dressed in hospital gowns wearing medical bracelets.

In keeping with the medical theme, the entrees are described as anti-arterial and suggestions for a visit include bringing a defibriliator.

Inside and out, the restaurant makes no bones about the potentially life threatening nature of its food, with a sign at the entrance which reads: 'Go away. If you come in this place, it’s going to kill you.'
Personally, it wouldn’t be my first choice, as I found the portion sizes in even normal US restaurants just far too big, but hey, if people want to eat there, who is anyone else to stop them?

And I can’t think of anything that’s make me want to eat there more than a bunch of po-raced Righteous loons parading outside with placards…

10 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

They may have avoided a heart bypass, but they've certainly had a sense of humour bypass ;-)

Shinar's Basket Case said...

Oh yes I'd like an apple and I'm interested in your literature, excuse me please while I light my pre-pig out aperitif cigarette.

Racing pulse said...

Skimpy nurse outfits you say?

What's not to like?

Chuckles said...

Sounds wonderful. Maybe they should be twinned with Mario's Cafe?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1215745/Could-biggest-English-breakfast-world.html

AP, you have a 'po-raced' in the final para.

patently said...

Yay! Free apples!

And all I have to do is pretend to go into this restaurant, right?

James Higham said...

And you can't just buy one portion for two because they look at you strangely.

Macheath said...

It all sounds rather counter-productive, as you say; I'm no more than averagely bloody-minded* - and a vegetarian who has never knowingly consumed a burger - but even I would be tempted to pop in for some fries under the circumstances.

Given the ironic premise of the founder, could it all be the ultimate in fiendishly clever reverse marketing?

*In fairness, the Spouse begs leave to disagree with this statement.

blueknight said...

Bet none of the female protesters would be mistaken for a waitress if you know what I mean .

JuliaM said...

"AP, you have a 'po-raced' in the final para."

Ooops!

"Yay! Free apples!

And all I have to do is pretend to go into this restaurant, right?"


:D

"Given the ironic premise of the founder, could it all be the ultimate in fiendishly clever reverse marketing? "

I wouldn't be surprised!

"Bet none of the female protesters would be mistaken for a waitress if you know what I mean ."

:D

Mjolinir said...

"I KNOW calories are evil, and I have a self-imposed duty to ensure not only that you have a 'healthy diet and lifestyle', but that every ingredient, of every dish of every meal, of every day is "balanced" to a universal standard [set by other people who agree with me] of what is good for you."