Tuesday 15 April 2014

” And she's terrible partial to the periwinkle blue, boys. Have I made myself clear, boys?”

Essex fire service will spend £28,000 carrying out safety checks at travellers’ sites.
For fire risks. Obviously.
Ukip county councillor Kerry Smith, who sits on the fire authority voted against the proposals. He said: “This is a complete waste of money.
“Residents usually have to phone and ask for a fire safety check, so I’m not sure why travellers should have special treatment.”
Because they are special
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “We have a duty to keep all families safe, particularly those identified as being vulnerable.
“We have a range of early intervention programmes for all targeted wards where we have identified groups of people at risk.
“The cash also goes towards educational seminars for the Essex Countywide Traveller Unit.”
Anything less ‘vulnerable’ than a traveller, I’ve yet to see…

8 comments:

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

I'm doing my Goldfish impersonation again!

Anonymous said...

Just put our fires boys,don't go all stupid like the police in kissing minorities arses.
Jaded

Anonymous said...

Vulnerable to setting themselves on fire I think he means.

Stonyground

Bucko said...

I hate that word. Why are they 'vulnerable' and what are they 'vulnerable' to?

They chose their lifestyle and they certainly don't see all that vulnerable when they are kicking off in the pubs round town

Red Admiral said...

As a churchwarden I was told that my local Fire Brigade would inspect my church and advise on fire precautions.

Quite a good idea, you might think, given up to 100 people on a Sunday attending a rather old-fashioned building with limited egress. And candles.

That was over six years ago. No sign of them yet.

Anonymous said...

Jaded, I think it is already too late for the Fire Service.

I'm sure there's an Essex Fire & Rescue Service equalities and diversity co-ordinator if not a 'Gypsy, Traveller Laision Officer' ticking a fucking great box on his/her CV right now.

Anonymous said...

They're vulnerable because their caravans are flammable.


Especially if you use tracer.

JuliaM said...

"I hate that word. Why are they 'vulnerable' and what are they 'vulnerable' to?"

'Vulnerable' is the new bla...

Err. Maybe not!

"Especially if you use tracer."

:D