Sunday 27 April 2014

I Don't Think Don Henley Meant This...

...I think, when he sang 'You got to carry weapons, 'cos you always carry cash', he meant firearms:
A drug dealer was found with more than £17,000 cash at his home and a cosh-type weapon in his car, a court heard.
Whew! Thank goodness for the UK's strict gun control laws, eh?
Dobie, who has 18 previous criminal convictions, was jailed for two years by Judge Crowson and shouted “I love you” to a woman in the public gallery on being sent down from the dock.
Aww, how romantic!

3 comments:

The blocked Dwarf said...

I recall certain 'uncles' in my childhood recalling, almost fondly, about how -back in the Good Ol'Days- you could 'knock off a bank with just a black jack'.

which confused young me, cos for me, in the 70's, a 'black jack' was a kind of penny chew....

*bullhorn crackles*"PUT DOWN THE LIQUORICE ALLSORTS AND BACK AWAY FROM THE CAR SLOWLY"!

Twenty_Rothmans said...

Googling the perp gives a hit here: Positioning challenges in reconfigurable semi-autonomous robotic NDE inspection. Boyy from Hartlepoo made good? No, just the juxtaposition of authors' names.

Important to consider that it's cannabis we're talking about. The whole problem could be dismissed by its legalization.

JuliaM said...

"...which confused young me, cos for me, in the 70's, a 'black jack' was a kind of penny chew...."

Oh, I remember those!

"The whole problem could be dismissed by its legalization."

But it would be swiftly replaced by a host of other problems.