Alice Sloan, from Alfriston, was walking past Hove Town Hall with her daughter Parisa
(Ed: !!!) when the toddler ran over to a black Harley Davidson parked on the pavement.
Parisa brushed her left leg against the hot exhaust pipe and burned her calf. Ms Sloan rushed her to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton. She was then sent to the burns unit at Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead.That'll teach her to keep a better eye on her child, won't it?
But wait! Clearly, this can't be her fault!
The 36-year-old said: “My daughter was admitted to the burns unit where they debrided the burn and bandaged it.
“Apparently, motorbike exhausts can reach 1,500 degrees Celsius and burns suffered from touching such exhausts can keep on developing over a few days.
“It is likely to leave a nasty scar and if third degree she will require a skin graft and many more painful appointments.
“This would never have happened if the motorbike was parked legally on the road.Or if you'd paid more attention to what your child was doing...
“The motorbike was parked outside Hove Town Hall, close to the bus stop, and fully on the pavement in Church Road.
“I wish it was law that exhausts had a protective grate.”I wish it was law that parents of small children had to use reins. To stop them running around and doing as they pleased.
She added: “It couldn’t have happened at a worse time as my daughter is desperate to use her sand pit and paddling pool in this amazing heat but she has a large bandage on.
“Her baby brother is also due within a week so it has been tough for me too.
“I believe this should be a criminal offence as it endangers the public as my daughter’s injury has proven.”All it's proven is that you're unfit to have one child, never mind two...