Monday 2 April 2018

Not As 'Depressed And Stressed' As The Poor Bloody Taxpayer, Dana...

Via TimNewman on Twitter, who I think is trying to kill me:
Dana Sanderson, 21, who gave birth to her daughter, Ruya Ansin, in January, is five months behind on her rent and struggling to make ends meet because of a ‘mix-up’.
She has had to ask for donatins (sic) of clothes for her baby and says she has become depressed because of her financial woes, which she believes is impacting Ruya. Miss Sanderson said: ‘I feel like I am failing her. It’s devastating and gutting for me.
‘I want to give her everything but at the moment I can’t give her anything. They are only young for a short amount of time and I don’t want her looking back and thinking she didn’t enjoy that time of her life.
‘I am so desperate and it is affecting my baby because I’m stressed, full of anxiety, crying all the time and I’m struggling to get her to sleep.
‘Babies can sense your mood, and with me being all upset and up in their air it’s definitely affecting her.’
GAAAH! WHERE TO START?! *necks blood pressure tablets like Smarties*
Miss Sanderson, whose parents emigrated to New Zealand three years ago, worked for Greggs before going on a year-long maternity leave to give birth to her daughter.
Greggs? I didn't know they paid enough to raise a child?

Of course, they don't, do they?
She receives £140 a week in maternity allowance but after her outgoings, including rent, utilities, food, clothes, nappies and Ruya’s other essentials, she has virtually no money left.
She has been trying to claim extra money through working tax credits, child tax credits and child benefits, which she believes would give her an extra £140 a week to spend.
However, she claims HMRC made an error in taking down her postcode, which led to her baby’s birth certificate, which she had sent to them, being posted back to the wrong address.
Hmm, bungling government agency meets scrounging single mum. Can't they both lose?
‘I feel like I would have done better out of this if I was unemployed,’ Miss Sanderson said.
‘I pay tax and my national insurance and they don’t pay you when you need it.
‘If I could work now I would work overtime because money means everything but I can’t because I'm a single mum.
‘I’ve tried to see if I could start working from home too, but that would then conflict with my benefits.’
Translation: "Then I'd have to work, and I just want free money..."

7 comments:

Hector Drummond, Vile Novelist said...

'I feel like I would have done better out of this if I was married,' Miss Sanderson said.

Fixed that for her.

jack ketch said...

but after her outgoings, including rent, utilities, food, clothes, nappies and Ruya’s other essentials,

Horrifying to think we live in a society where young mums have to beg for money for WKD, it should shame us all.
Or have I missed something? If she has already paid all the essentials then what is her problem? If she couldn't afford to feed her baby, heat the flat etc THEN I would be sympathetic.

Smoking Scot said...

Seems the parents have sense. Waited until she was 18, then upped stakes and went half way round the world.

Presumably the person who banged her up wants nothing to do with her either, if he can be traced.

Now HR at Greggs, if they're on the ball, will probably agree to take her back at their branch in Wick.

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose she had considered asking the errant sperm donor for help in the bringing up of his child? If he ignored her, she can always shame him on social media using her iPad or mobile phone (necessities for today's skint single mothers).
Penseivat

Flaxen Saxon said...

"Money for nothing and your nappies for free. That ain't working....."

The Cowboy Online said...

The comments underneath the article are just as depressing to read. Sigh.

JuliaM said...

"Fixed that for her."

Heh!

"If she has already paid all the essentials then what is her problem?"

Good point! I suspect her definition of 'essentials' wouldn't match mine or yours...

"Seems the parents have sense. Waited until she was 18, then upped stakes and went half way round the world. "

Indeed. The very definition of 'getaway from it all'... :)

""Money for nothing and your nappies for free. That ain't working.....""

LOL! #earworm

"The comments underneath the article are just as depressing to read."

Quite!