An Oxford student described as "a bright star who was going to set the world alight" tragically died...
Oh dear! Of illness?
...after accidentally walking off a seaside cliff.
Her devastated family believe her death was avoidable and are now urging Thanet District Council to "prevent such a tragedy from being repeated".
Well, that's understandable, I mean, there should probably be railings up at lea...
Popular Simone Norowzian, 21, had been staying with friends in Margate when she climbed over some railings, not realising there was a sheer drop on the other side.
During the hearing in Maidstone, the undergraduate was described by her sister Claire Norowzian as “a sensible girl” and a passionate thespian.
“Simone was entering her final year at Oxford. She was a keen actor and had her whole life ahead of her,” Claire added.
“She couldn’t clearly assess the danger. She thought she was climbing over the barrier to a hill to the beach.
“We believe her death was preventable and avoidable. We believe it is the council’s responsibility to prevent such a tragedy from being repeated.”
What, exactly, should they have done? They had a railing. But your 'bright' sister decided to climb over it!
She wasn't alone. What do her friends say about why she'd do such a thing?
“We decided to go to bed and Simone wanted a cigarette. She and I walked out into the car park and I realised she was very intoxicated.”
Case closed. It's not 'the responsibility of the council' at all. What did you expect them to do, slap the booze out of her hand?