Saturday, 11 August 2018

You Really Left Them No Choice But Social Media, Police Scotland....

Tayside Police Division have confirmed that a 34-year-old man has been arrested and charged with the dog’s disappearance.
A statement from the force warned locals not to “compromise the legal process” on social media.
They mean naming the man. Now, I know Scotland has its own - sometimes bizarre - laws, but once someone's charged, why is it not possible to name him?
It said: “As some of you may know already, a 34-year-old man was arrested yesterday and charged in connection with the disappearance of Pixie the pug dog in Dundee on July 16. He is to be reported to the Procurator Fiscal.
“As someone has now been charged, for legal reasons we can’t provide any further information until such time as he appears in court.
“While we are aware that the identity of this person has been distributed on social media, again we have to ask that anyone commenting here does not mention any names so as not to compromise the legal process.
“Thanks for all the help we’ve received and to the witnesses who have come forward to speak with us, it’s very much appreciated.”
If not for that 'help' (for that, read 'doing the polices' job for them) there wouldn't be any one charged....
The little dog was last seen safe on Monday afternoon at the Stobswell home of family friend Kelly Deuchar, 36.
She had been looking after the beloved pet and had left it in the care of a flatmate. The dog was later reportedly seen being roughly handled by a man in Baxter Park and carried limp through the streets of Dundee.
Pixie’s family have launched an online campaign to try to trace the 11-month-old dog but were told by Police Scotland it would be late on Thursday before an officer could speak to them — three days after she vanished.
But once the Internet got on the case, things moved pretty fast.
Police Scotland was asked last night to explain why no officer could be made available to speak to the family sooner. A spokesman said: “We can confirm that the matter has been reported to Police Scotland and enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances.”
Didn't answer the question, I note...

No comments: