Friday 17 August 2018

You Could Give Him Fifteen Years, He Still Won't Learn...

The court heard how Ham needed money last year to buy drugs, when he first broke into the home of a 90-year-old victim. On November 17, he entered the pensioner's bungalow during the night, while she slept. He then carried out an "untidy" search of her bedroom, before emptying the contents of her handbag, leaving the mess across the room.
Then, after a period of non-offending, Ham needed more cash for presents for his child's birthday, and raided two stores in Hythe and Thornhill, but ended up with "not much at all", despite causing £76,000 worth of damage to the Hythe One Stop with the raid and commercial loss.
This lack of swag is considered mitigation, unbelievably!
Mitigating, defence barrister Richard Onslow said: "He ended up taking part in these escapades, and got some of the takings, which was really, not much at all."
*gobsmacked*
Presiding, judge Christopher Parker said that Ham's crimes were "foolish", despite hearing of Ham's troubled childhood. He told the court: "You have had a difficult start in life, but these crimes are foolish.
"There is a significant period of non offending between December and April, but then you find yourself in these positions of causing damage to these stores, resulting up to more than £70,000 worth of damage, plus commercial loss of course.
"You have to learn, and you will have time to think on that."
How much time?
Ham was given five years and ten months in prison.
Even if he were to serve all that - and we know he won't - I doubt it'd make a difference...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The worst is that he has already pissed in the gene pool.

Stonyground said...

If only we could find the key to interstellar travel. Then we could resume transporting these utterly worthless losers to the colonies. The useless twat isn't even a half competent robber FFS.

Could I respectfully ask why my comments still have to go into moderation before being posted? I feel that I ought to have earned your trust by now.

Scrobs. said...

I blame the parent, not sure which one, take your pick from a pack of several...

JuliaM said...

"If only we could find the key to interstellar travel. "

I've seen this movie. It doesn't end well!

"Could I respectfully ask why my comments still have to go into moderation before being posted? I feel that I ought to have earned your trust by now."

You certainly have! I wish Blogger offered the moderation options that Wordpress does, so I could let regulars go through automatically.

It's the horrendous levels of spam I get, that aren't directed to the spam filter. It's really ramped up lately, and Blogger seems unable to stop it.

Luckily, I can approve comments on my phone, so they shouldn't stay waiting too long.

"...not sure which one, take your pick from a pack of several..."

Lol! Almost certainly.