Wednesday 19 December 2012

On The Eighth Day Of Christmas, The Progressives Gave To Me...

... a curious belief that criminality 'just happens':
At that time, Sodiq dreamed of being a doctor and was planning to go to college. I left to focus on film school.
When I came back, I couldn't understand how it had all gone so wrong.
Sodiq, now 20, is starting a 30-year jail sentence in Feltham Young Offenders Institution for murder. The teenager who died was Sylvester Akapalara, who had been to the same school as Sodiq and was a very promising athlete. Both he and Sodiq had dreams but both had got caught up in street life.
Why did it happen? It's complicated.
Get that? It's complicated....

Also, a strange blindness in hiring staff, the unshakable belief that their desires should be everyone's desire, their belief that extortion and protectionism is just fine and dandy, shameless opportunism before the blood's even dry, the continued infiltration of the justice system, bah humbug, please save the Earth! and irrefutable evidence that, at heart, their desire to control the language knows no bounds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia we are fucking doomed aren't we?

Always (mostly) like you posts, but the comments I get directed to by the like of this gruniad(SIC or is that SICK) article make me despair.

Do people really believe this shit?

Anonymous said...

Well actually fellow anon the very first posting under said article shouldn't make you despair but cheer the fact that not everyone falls for the self-aggrandising "look at me, I rose above it all, ain't I just a swell person" line ...


"Meeting Sodiq changed my life"

Meeting Sodiq changed Sylvester Akapalara's life too.

It ended it.

If you want your article to have any credibility you should edit it to at least mention the promising athlete who was chased by a gang wielding knives and a gun before being shot in the neck and chest in a dingy stairwell.

Pavlov's Cat said...

It's always someone's or some things else's fault. Be it booze , drugs, situation, environment, street life.

This is the horror of the Left, the abrogation of personal responsibly,

Andy said...

"A promising athlete"
Well I guess "wanted to be an architect" has been done to death.

JuliaM said...

"Julia we are fucking doomed aren't we? "

If the march of these people through our institutions isn't stopped, and then reversed, I fear so!

"Well actually fellow anon the very first posting under said article shouldn't make you despair but cheer the fact that not everyone falls for the self-aggrandising "look at me, I rose above it all, ain't I just a swell person" line ..."

Encouraging number of recommends too!

"This is the horror of the Left, the abrogation of personal responsibly, "

Yup!

"Well I guess "wanted to be an architect" has been done to death."

See also 'promising musician'. Which is, strangely, never a desire to compose sheet music or play the clarinet.

James K said...

He continues "Telling the story in a sophisticated way was important to me."

It isn't complicated or sophisticated. Sodiq shot Sylvester twice for no valid reason.