Saturday 22 December 2012

On The Eleventh Day Of Christmas, The Progressives Gave To Me...

...dithering and indecision:
Although the teenagers that were arrested played for Nieuw-Sloten, some of them lived in other parts of Nieuw-West, an area with a diverse ethnic mix and not without its problems. Baadoud, who was born in Morocco, says that parental responsibility is a big issue there. "We have a group of parents that when they come with their children [to football], you really don't want to have them there. And we have another group of parents, they don't come. They even don't know in which team their children are playing; they deliver them at the door and they drive away. There are people who don't even know the teacher of their son or the team leader of the club. There is a lot of work to be done."
He will not, however, accept that the finger of blame can be pointed at one group of people. "It's very easy to scream and to say it's a Moroccan problem. On the other hand, I don't want to say we have no problems. I am very open and clear that we have to discuss. Families really need help and I'm trying to open their eyes. But if you stand outside and you scream it's a problem, it won't be solved and it might create another problem – people will feel: 'We are not welcome.'"
And someone else, later in the article, wonders why they have a population that has no respect for authority...

Also, a blissful ignorance of how they come across, moral equivalence between the bullies and the bullied, a curious belief that criminality 'just happens', a strange blindness in hiring staff, the unshakable belief that their desires should be everyone's desire, their belief that extortion and protectionism is just fine and dandy, shameless opportunism before the blood's even dry, the continued infiltration of the justice system, bah humbug, please save the Earth! and irrefutable evidence that, at heart, their desire to control the language knows no bounds.

6 comments:

SadButMadLad said...

God, I can't wait for the 12th day, how can you top the last eleven days? A fascinating series and a great idea. Well done!

staybryte said...

I knew that was a MONA/MONDEO story the second I first read about it.

banned said...

MMmmm, so it's taken a couple of weeks for the background of the perps to finally be confirmed; there was me thinking I might have been jumping to conclusions when I first came across this story.

JuliaM said...

"God, I can't wait for the 12th day, how can you top the last eleven days?"

Would you believe, unlike my monthly books postings, I didn't have this planned out and scheduled in advance?

I just waited - I knew each day, there'd be something. And they didn't disappoint.

"I knew that was a MONA/MONDEO story the second I first read about it."

Like you, I had my suspicions.

"...there was me thinking I might have been jumping to conclusions when I first came across this story."

There's more of us!

Jim said...

Damn, there goes another brick in the wall of my ever growing cynicism. My first reaction on hearing this story was to wonder whether ethnicity had a role, but when I saw nothing to that end reported assumed my cynicism had over-reached itself.

Alas I was wrong.

boddy said...

Last week C4 news reported on the Dutch problem with 'loverboys', ie gangs of 'young men' who befriend, groom and then pimp young Dutch girls into sexual slavery. Sound familiar?
And just like our own police and social services the Dutch authorities refuse to act against these 'men of no appearance'.