Wednesday 7 October 2015

Historic Sexual Abuse By A Celebrity? We’ll Get Right On It!

NHS blunders might have killed your kid? *shrugs* Too far in the past to worry
Erica Thomas died in 1984 three days after having a minor foot operation when a junior doctor cut away part of the plaster cast around her leg – freeing an undetected blood clot that fatally travelled to her heart and lungs.
The General Medical Council (GMC) said the doctor’s decision to remove some of the plaster was potential misconduct - but ruled the medic could not face a tribunal because the incident was too long ago.
Gosh! What an unfamiliar concept these days, at least in other matters…
Mrs Venner said: “I want an apology for my girl. I want to be able to say I have done the best by her. Back in the 1980s, people didn’t question doctors, doctors knew best. I thought they were doing the right thing.
“When I saw on the news what all the Hillsborough families were going through, I realised I could also ask for all the documents on Erica’s treatment.”
Ah, but you see, you don’t get the same fawning treatment as the Hillsborough families, because the police can’t be attacked here, only the sainted NHS, and all nurses are angels of mercy, eh?

4 comments:

ivan said...

The big problem here is that there is nothing that the SJWs can apply their misguided outlook on 'justice' to and so stir up people about.

Ageing stars of all types are supposed to have money which makes them fair game in the compensation stakes.

James Higham said...

Mind you, she was pretty unlucky all the same.

Brian, follower of Deornoth said...

Historic Sexual Abuse by a Tory Celebrity...

FTFY.

JuliaM said...

"..there is nothing that the SJWs can apply their misguided outlook on 'justice' to..."

I thought I'd never see the day!

"Mind you, she was pretty unlucky all the same."

Luck, or typical NHS 'treatment'?

"Historic Sexual Abuse by a Tory Celebrity..."

Good point!