Thursday 1 October 2015

Toughen Up, Princess!

A scared schoolgirl who was hit by a car in Northfleet is warning children of the "dangers" of crossing the road.
Wondering why ‘dangers’ is in inverted commas? Yeah. Me too.
The experience was both mentally and physically scarring for Nikita, who was signed off school until today.
She added: "It's hard for me to walk.
"I have got lacerations on my foot and the back of my shoes are ruined.
"I am really scared - I don't like the roads. "I want my mum to walk me to school now."
Oh, good grief! You’re eleven, not six!
Nikita said she walked cautiously but could not see past parked cars, and is now warning other kids to stay safe.
She added: "I want them to know about the dangers, because they could get hit like I did.
"Check both ways, or find someone else to look over. "Be careful - it only takes one step."
Yes, one step from between parked cars with limited visibility. Consider this a lesson learned, with – thankfully – no bones broken.
The concerned mum added: "Vale Road is not a road I would recommend any child to use, but unfortunately it's one of the roads children have to use.
"It's quite worrying when you know a young child is walking there or back."
Not if you’ve taught them how to cross the road it isn’t, no.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Kent Police were called at 4.35pm to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian." No arrests were made.
Driver not at fault. QED.

6 comments:

mike fowle said...

"My phone got one little crack...." Could there be a clue there?

John M said...

I seem to remember Green Cross Man telling kids not to walk out from behind parked cars, so you can see and be seen.

So it's fail and fuckwit awards both to the same child

Ed P said...

John M - and the mother (who's at least 16 years older than her sprog.)

How many pregnant 15/16 year old girls have fully-formed understanding of traffic, etc.? It's little wonder the 11 year old child was ignorant about road safety - I expect the mother is similarly clueless.

Any sign of a father about? A job? No & no, that's what I expected.

Ben said...

Lacerations? Seems like an odd word choice for an 11 year old.

Other than that, bring back the green cross code

Anonymous said...

I propose a Darwinist element to the school curriculum: crossing busy roads unaided to get to and from school. Save the taxpayer the expense of educating those who can't learn.

JuliaM said...

"Could there be a clue there?"

By George, I believe it could! :)

"...and the mother (who's at least 16 years older than her sprog.)"

Well spotted!

"I propose a Darwinist element to the school curriculum: crossing busy roads unaided to get to and from school. Save the taxpayer the expense of educating those who can't learn."

It'd help with class sizes as well!