Monday 30 May 2022

It's (Almost) Deja Vu All Over Again...

As the match's 8pm kickoff approached, reports suggested 'hundreds of fans' without tickets attempted to storm the Stade de France ahead of the match, which saw kickoff postponed by 30 minutes amid the disarray.
David Duckenfield must have choked on his cornflakes yesterday morning...
Footage posted online also appeared to show fans climbing over fences at the Stade de France and rushing up steps leading to seating areas with no attempt to stop them.

Well, they were a little busy outside, after all. Trying to stop fatalities, because they don't want to be the target of the media for the next forty years.

Besides, Liverpool's got somone else to do their whinging for them this time: 

Gary Lineker led the condemnation as he offered a scathing assessment of the security situation at the Stade de France ahead of the delayed UEFA Champions League final. Speaking to AP while queuing, a fan said: 'It's absolutely horrendous. There's a bottleneck down there and there's literally a six-foot gap for maybe 20,000 Liverpool fans to get in.
'We are absolutely being pushed from pillar to post. I have an 82-year-old father in law here. It's just madness. I'm really sorry but there are just thousands behind us.'

I expect this won't be Liverpool fans' fault either? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add it to the list of 'Get out of Jail' cards:
I'm black
I'm female
Because of Global Warming
Because of Brexit
I'm disabled
I'm a single mother
I'm LBGTQ+
I'm fleeing war/famine/you name it
and now,
I'm a Liverpool supporter

Anonymous said...

"I expect this won't be Liverpool fans' fault either? "
How can someone from the City of Eternal Victimhood be blamed for anything?
Penseivat

Sgt Albert Hall said...

The residents of “Pity City” are becoming quite tiresome. Eventually they will outlive their acceptance.

JuliaM said...

"Add it to the list of 'Get out of Jail' cards"

Quite!

"How can someone from the City of Eternal Victimhood be blamed for anything?"

It's a shocker, eh?

"Eventually they will outlive their acceptance."

That was a few years past, now...