Sarah Crouch, 34, was at the London Road branch of KFC in Brighton when her two year old daughter Rebecca found the “sharps bin”, used to dispose of hypodermic needles.
She said: “My daughter was bending down touching a box and I realised it was a sharps box used by heroin users.
“The people who use them can have any sorts of germs and diseases.”Quite. Especially if they are eating at KFC!
She added: “You don’t have something like that in a family restaurant.
“At the end of the day, it could have been so much worse.
“My little girl has been traumatised by the event and I’m pregnant so my hormones are going crazy.”*nonplussed face*
A spokesperson for KFC said that it is not their policy to provide sharps bins and they will be working with the restaurant on London Road to provide “alternative ways” to deal with any issues they are experiencing.Well, thank goodness for that. They will still provide those little moist towelettes and the extra tomato ketchup sachets, I hope?