Monday 17 November 2014

Frankly, You Look Like A Steak Would Do You Good…

Lee Rose, 36, of Thorney Bay Road, Canvey, was about to tuck into the dip selection he had bought from Morrisons, on Canvey, when he saw a flash of bright red.
Mr Rose said: “There was a lump of raw meat in it.
“It was bright red and raw. I was absolutely horrified.”
Oh, good grief!

And here’s the compo demand, right on cue...
Mr Rose said he had not been offered compensation when he returned the dip to staff at the Northwick Road store – a claim Morrisons says is not true.
He said: “I took it back to them and they apologised and said they would send it away, but I’m not happy about it. It has never happened to me before.
“They should have offered me some form of compensation.
“It was terrible and I felt really sick.
“I’m not a vegetarian, but my friend who was with me is and he was also horrified.”
Ah, your friend was horrified – does he want compo too?

5 comments:

Furor Teutonicus said...

Nothing his "friend" (Nod, nod, wink,wink) can do.

The contract was with the buyer and the shop.

There is actualy a case regarding a bottle of lemonade and a worm that was found in it.

I can not remember the details any more, but it is virtually the first thing you are shown in "Contract law" at "school."

staybryte said...

"...also in the news, the man who used a bacon slicer to put meat in the veggie mix was caught after police had a tip off."

Made me laugh in the comments.

staybryte said...

FT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donoghue_v_Stevenson

Furor Teutonicus said...

Thanks Staybryte, THAT is the one.

JuliaM said...

"There is actualy a case regarding a bottle of lemonade and a worm that was found in it."

Blimey, mezcal's bad enough!

"Made me laugh in the comments."

These sort of stories do attract the wags... ;)