Saturday 22 November 2014

Labour Needs DEFRA Assistance For Their Foot-In-Mouth Disease…

Oh, dear, oh dear, Emily Thornberry, how does one extricate oneself from a faux pas? Hint: not like this!
After the first barrage of complaints, Thornberry said her critics may have been showing “a somewhat prejudiced attitude towards Islington” .
She added: “I’ve been down in Rochester … and I’ve been tweeting one or two quotes of what people have said to me on the doorstep, and images that I’ve seen … and then I came across a house that was covered absolutely from the roof all the way down to the ground with England flags – they couldn’t even see out of the window. It was an amazing image, so I took a photograph of it and I put it on Twitter.”
It had three flags. Three. I've seen houses covered with more than that when there’s an England match on!

But hey, Emily, play that Victim Card if you think it’ll help…
The Labour MP said she thought there was “a lot of mischief-making” going on. “You know, I think the truth is, while the byelection’s going on, people haven’t got a lot to say,” she said.
“They can say there’s people out on doorsteps knocking on doors. And I suspect that those kind of people are trying to promote a somewhat prejudiced attitude towards Islington. ”
And ‘those kind of people’ are greatly in appreciation of your sterling efforts to help them do that, Emily!
“I was brought up on a council estate and I’ve never seen a house where people can’t see out of the window because of England flags. It was just trying to give, to the people who follow me on Twitter, a kind of picture of what the Rochester byelection is like.”
And instead, it gave them a pretty good idea of what you are like – the typical sneering Islintonite career-politician, untouched and unaffected by the policies you support and enforce.

And, though I myself piled in with the rest on Thursday evening, I might have had a tiny smidgen of sympathy for someone hounded out of her job by a social media mob…


…then I remembered Ched Evans and Julian Blanc, and I thought “Oh, well, sauce for the gander!”

6 comments:

MTG said...

This legal mortician, making a fortune digging holes for others, best personifies the two-a-penny wordsmith at work in her DIY cavity.

Furor Teutonicus said...

CC I was brought up on a council estate and I’ve never seen a house where people can’t see out of the window because of England flags.CC

No. It is normaly because the window cleaner found it was more profitable to deal a bit of hash. Or the windows are constantly boarded up, due to the Joyfull dilly dallyings of the local youth.

Twenty_Rothmans said...

“I was brought up on a council estate"

Her father was a professor. So what the fuck was she doing in accommodation that's purportedly for poor people?
"No need to pay much rent, little Emily. There's some vulgar clerk or plasterer who will do it for us".

Reminds me of Bob Crow.

JimBob said...

Yes, Emily, on my council estate you were no one unless daddy worked at the United Nations too.

Anonymous said...

Bunny,

I notice about her alleged time on a council estate relates to when her mother and father split up and she became a Labour councillor. Circumventing the housing queue? Surely as a teacher she could have afforded a house in the private sector and left the council house to someone who needed it. 1950s and early 60s council houses were well built and had not developed into the sink estates that they are now, but still rank hypocrisy.

JuliaM said...

"o. It is normaly because the window cleaner found it was more profitable to deal a bit of hash."

LOL!

"Her father was a professor. So what the fuck was she doing in accommodation that's purportedly for poor people?"

A question you'd think our media would be interested in asking..?

"Surely as a teacher she could have afforded a house in the private sector and left the council house to someone who needed it. "

She's entitled because her heart's in the right place...