Thursday 9 March 2023

Challenge ACCEPTED!

Judge Usha Karu told him: ‘You need to get representation as soon as possible. These are serious charges you face.’

Over to you, Mr Defendant! 

Johnston replied: ‘I am someone who knows quite well how to represent myself in legal matters. I thought I would represent myself.
‘I have been arrested for matters I have not committed. I have not been able to get that point across to anyone.’

Oooohhhh! 

Johnston is expected to enter not guilty pleas on April 24 and his trial date is fixed for July 17 this year.

Wait, wait, need to get ready... 

That's better! 

4 comments:

Bucko said...

You never know, he might do an amazing job, defending himself

'He was remanded in custody'

Oh...

MTG said...

There are plenty of incompetent lawyers although few recognise their defects and adjust their fees accordingly.

John Galt said...

Maybe he is innocent and we're all just dreadful cynics?

:D

JuliaM said...

"You never know, he might do an amazing job, defending himself"

I've sat on a jury where the defendant sacked his brief after the first day and did just that. How he convinced the idiot judge he was in any way competent to do so still keeps me away at nights!

"Maybe he is innocent and we're all just dreadful cynics?"

I cannot deny the truth of the latter 😂