Tuesday 16 February 2016

“Something Must Be Done! I Have No Idea What, But Something..!”

Darren Pidgeon, now 29, needed multiple skin grafts after he was the victim of an unprovoked attack in Kingsmere, Thundersley, two years ago.
New figures from Essex Police show a rise in the number of acid attacks in Southend since 2012.
In 2014 and 2015 there were in total seven incidents in the borough involving acid, ammonia, bleach or a chemical. This compares to zero incidents in 2012 and 2013.
Lovely! The effects of ‘enrichment’, or the increase in publicity about this method, or both?
The father-of two said: “It’s not good. They need to make it so there’s less access to acid.“
‘They’ do, do they? How?
“They need to clamp down on it. It is important to stop access to it and somehow stop selling it, but I don’t know how they can do that.“
Well, me neither, since anyone who has a car has access to some, as does any proud housewife with a spotless loo. It’s impossible.
“I’m shocked by it. I hear all the time now about it happening, it’s a common thing and seems to happen quite a lot.
“I never knew a lot about these attacks before it happened to me. I never knew about acid before or had heard of Katie Piper or met anyone else who had been attacked.”
Well, clearly, your attackers had!

3 comments:

Bucko said...

Make acid less accessible? I wouldn't know how to get hold of acid. Local acid shop? AcidRus.com? Discount Acid Supplies?
It's probably in some household chemicals but I'd have to have a good look to know which.

Nice Mr Pierrepoint said...

Poor man. Some of his remarks don't make a lot of sense. I'm not sure if I would do any better either if some scum-ridden heap of filth had thrown acid in my face. There but for the grace of God etc.

JuliaM said...

" I wouldn't know how to get hold of acid"

Car battery?

"There but for the grace of God etc."

Quite!