Wednesday 19 May 2021

"She is a doctor and did not think it would be an issue."

Then perhaps her fitness to practice medicine in this country requires some urgent scrutiny?

Mohamed entered the UK a year ago when her husband obtained a job here and she is also studying in this country.
Dr. Mohamed told the court: 'I know I am guilty, but I did not intend to do this, but I was in a rush to go to Egypt and that is why I did this.
'I wanted to make sure I was free of Covid and did that lateral flow test. I did not believe it was a very big issue like this.'

What else don't you believe is 'a big issue', I wonder? 

She was sentenced to six weeks imprisonment, suspended for twelve months and ordered to perform 60 hours community service and pay £85 costs and a £128 victim surcharge.

No-one should be surprised by this, not at this point in the continuing downward spiral of Britain's reputation... 

6 comments:

Umbongo said...

I think you can assume that, if she's already authorised to practice in the UK, the GMC will not stop her practising. After all in this case

https://www.bmj.com/content/365/bmj.l1702

Dr Bawa-Garba was allowed to return to practice after being found guilty of manslaughter.

Moreover, she's saved a bit: the legal tests would have cost around £360 (3 x £120) but she is only having to cough up £213 (fine + "victim" surcharge). Admittedly though, 60 hours "communal service" might put a crimp in her social life for a few weeks.

Bucko said...

Considering the way this COVID nonsense is playing out, I probably would have done the same thing

Anonymous said...

Removing her from the Medical Register would be a good start

Eric from Chilwell said...

Removing her from the Medical Register would be a good start

JuliaM said...

"I think you can assume that, if she's already authorised to practice in the UK, the GMC will not stop her practising. "

I fear you're right.

"Considering the way this COVID nonsense is playing out, I probably would have done the same thing"

I've never understood the argument that if a law is stupid, it's ok to break it. Lobby against it! Change it!

"Removing her from the Medical Register would be a good start"

You spelled 'UK' wrong.

Bucko said...

Lobby for a change in the law? That only works for people who want more laws, never less.
I'm a firm believer that good people should ignore bad laws