Monday 17 September 2012

Remember, Remember, The 19th Of November…

…because this trial promises to be awesome!
Justice Livingstone berated Judge Jeremy Gold from the dock for not dealing with the charge of carrying an imitation firearm on a stationary train at Norwood Junction, when he appeared at Croydon Crown Court on Friday.
He was Tasered by police, following the alleged incident last November.
Oh, boy!
Livingstone, who refused to remove his flat cap before entering the dock, citing "personal reasons", became angry and launched the verbal assault because he wanted Judge Gold to deal with the charge that day.
Which is pretty stupid of him, because as we all know, while judges are fantastically lenient about the most heinous acts, they tend to be very, very prickly where their own authority is challenged…
In the first of two animated rants, rising from his perch after Judge Gold refused to deal with the charge that day, Livingstone told the judge: "You are quite rigid in your reasoning in terms of not listening to me."
The heated words forced Judge Gold to interject ruling: "Mr Livingstone doesn't run the court. I do."
By now, I suspect a US judge would have had him gagged!
But about ten minutes later before the hearing's conclusion, alluding to his "son of God" status, Livingstone rose again to attack Judge Gold: "There is one other thing I want to tell you. I have become too big to be charged or arrested. It is in the best interests to deal with this [now].
"I'm very sad you have avoided to deal with it today. I'm absolutely heartbroken. I know it would be more cost-effective to this country if it had been dealt with today."
Judge Gold angrily countered for a second time, saying: "I'm not going to enter into an argument with you. All the matters will be dealt with in the court case.
"The matters are for a trial and I'm not prepared to make any rulings on them today."
I can’t wait for the trial! It promises to be rather amusing.
Shiraz Aziz, defending Livingstone, told the court 14 witnesses would be called for the trial. He said the charges of assault would be "deeply contested" by his client, and that the imitation firearm alluded to in the charges was a toy gun.
Livingstone was granted unconditional bail until the trial, listed for November 19.
*orders popcorn*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bunny

I was hoping when I saw the term 'Justice' Livingstone that a senior judge had been tasered, sadly I was mistaken. That would have been worth sitting down with the pop corn for.

PJH said...

Ok - that took me a couple of readings to figure out that 'Justice' was the guy's christian name, not a title....

Noggin the Nog said...

Another care in the community nig nog that needs locking up.

Should have had 28 days for contempt of court.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Vlad the Impaler had the right idea when visting dignitaries refused to remove their headdress when stood before him. He had them nailed on! Surely there was a back office where a hammer and a couple of 6 inch nails could have been found?
Penseivat

Anonymous said...

I googled the original story in the Daily Mail and 100's of idiots were bleating about police heavy-handedness.I'm sure now they realise he's barking mad and possibly dangerous they will be queueing up to apologise.
Jaded

James Higham said...

It does indeed sound like it will be a lot of fun. Can't wait.

JuliaM said...

"I was hoping when I saw the term 'Justice' Livingstone that a senior judge had been tasered..."

Ah, if only!

"Perhaps Vlad the Impaler had the right idea when visting dignitaries refused to remove their headdress when stood before him. He had them nailed on!"

:D

"I googled the original story in the Daily Mail and 100's of idiots were bleating about police heavy-handedness."

No doubt, but then again, sometimes Taser use is difficult to justify.

Mind you, he's luckier than other electricians who've come to the attention of the Met, so, there's that...


Weekend Yachtsman said...

"Justice" is his first name?

Another YONA I suppose.